The steps to becomming a CPR instructor are as follows.
1. Complete an Instructor Candidate Application for your local Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor Course. Please contact CNY CPR for this form.
2. Have current AHA provider status in the discipline of the Instructor Course, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include BLS and Heartsaver®.
3. Successfully complete the discipline-specific Instructor Essentials online course, and print the course completion certificate.
4. Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course.
5. Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months after completing the Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators may require additional monitoring.